The Taipei City Historical Building Wen-fang（文房）was built in 1937. During the Japanese era, it was originally owned by Taiwan Takushoku Co., Ltd. （臺拓）and was provided for the residence of the highest directors including the vice president and three ministers. The company was a special company established for the purpose of carrying forward colonial enterprises in Taiwan during the Japanese colonial period. It mainly engaged in the colonization of Taiwan, South China, and Southeast Asia. It was a product of the country's political intentions under the wartime economy. Due to the limited information and lack of investigation and research at the time of registration, the historical building has been registered as " Saiwai-machi Japanese style dormitory—No. 1, Lane 27, Lin-yi Street" since the beginning. Its true identity has never been clearly clarified.